Explore the Many Rivers of Kaua'i
Reserve a double or single kayak and car top
Available every day of the week
- Rentals are for 24 hours
- Comes with car racks
- Reservations are by appointment.
- Kayaks are dispatched between 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Every day of the week
For those who prefer to strike out and go on their own we have kayak rentals.
We have a fleet of single and double sit on top of kayaks ready to mount on your vehicle.
The rivers are flat and so slow moving; the wind is often more of a factor than current.
There are also inside barrier reefs that on most days are safe to paddle.
Consult with us and we can help you develop a safe and fun float plan given your experience, the weather, or time constraints.
Paddling Rules of Order
One of best tips you can leave us, is observing these following tips:
- Make sure you have and wear your life preservers (i.e. PFD: Personal Flotation Device).
- We like repeat business. Do not venture out of the river and into the ocean unless you are very experienced.
- When in doubt, don't go out. turn around and sign up for one our river and/or ocean tours.
- If you do go out into the ocean, stay close to shore.
- If you do venture into the ocean and our barrier reefs, avoid walking or standing on our reef. It can not only be sharp but also wreaks havoc on our very fragile and endangered reef community. Keep to the sand.
- Even if you are very experienced in surf kayaking, avoid places where board surfers congregate.
- Avoid paddling in swimming areas.
- Give plenty of space to any aquatic birds that you may encounter on the river. Some of our native aquatic birds are endangered.
- Paddle your trash in...paddle it out! Show Aloha and carry out as well, any other trash not your own.
- If the rivers are turning muddy it is a sign that we may be getting to a flood stage.
- Observe caution and do not paddle further upstream if you feel you are having a hard time "bucking a current". Our rivers are generally in repose, and characterized as docile with little current.
- Keep to your float plan.
Rental Package Includes:
- Basic single kayak (Scrambler)
- Back rest Life Preservers (PFD)
- Car racks
- Float plan consultation
- Bow line
The following can be rented:
- Dry bags
What to Bring:
- Sun protection
- Light shirt
- Bathing suit
- Change of clothes
- Lunch and refreshments
- Waterproof camera
When and Where:
Every day of the week.
Check in at Wailua River Marina Kayak Shop
Kayak Kaua'i observes a firm 24 hour cancellation policy
Any cancellations within 24 hours will receive no refund.
Cancellations made by Kayak Kaua'i due to inclement weather conditions are 100% refundable.
Travel Insurance with Ripcord?
Safety is no accident and on every tour we pay special attention to this fact.
That said, travel insurance is not a bad idea, especially if a “dark cloud” decides to follow you.
Ripcord offers medical, security evacuation and rescue services.
In the event of a medical or security emergency, Ripcord's team of special operations veterans, Stanford Medicine affiliated physicians, paramedics and rescue specialists will act quickly to bring you to safety.