Island Wide Kayak Rentals
For those who prefer to strike out and go on their own we have kayak rentals
We have a fleet of single and double sit on top of kayaks ready to mount on your vehicle.
The rivers are flat and so slow moving; the wind is often more of a factor than current.
There are also inside barrier reefs that on most days are safe to paddle.
Consult with us and we can help you develop a safe and fun float plan given your experience, the weather, or time constraints.
These kayaks are not for use on the Wailua River.
See our Wailua Kayak Rentals
Overview and Highlights
When And Where:
- All year! — Monday thru Satuday
- Check in at our Wailua River Marina Shop
- Back rest
- Life Preservers (PFD)
- Foam Block racks
- Float plan consultation
- Bow line
Frequently Rented Together:
- Dry bags
- Hiking sticks
What To Bring:
- Sun protection
- Light shirt
- Bathing suit
- Footwear (tabis, aqua socks or tennis shoes)
- Towel and change of clothes
- Lunch and refreshments
- Waterproof camera
Summer Delivery Service
Anahola, Kilauea, Anini, Hanalei, Ha’ena
Week Rental Free
Less than a week: $5/single and $10/double each way
Before You Book
Please share float plan
Paddling Rules of Order
One of best tips you can leave us is observing these following tips:
- NOT FOR OCEAN USE. NO SURFING. NO STEPPING ON REEFS.
- Make sure you have and wear your life preservers (i.e. PFD: Personal Flotation Device).
- When in doubt, don’t go out. Turn around and sign up for one of our river tours.
- Give plenty of space to any aquatic birds that you may encounter on the river. Some of our native aquatic birds are endangered.
- Paddle your trash in…paddle it out! Show Aloha and carry out as well, any other trash not your own.
- If the river is turning muddy it’s a sign of flooding up river. Immediately seek higher ground if on land and get off the river if on the water.
- Observe caution and do not paddle further upstream if you feel you are having a hard time “bucking a current”. Our rivers are generally in repose, and characterized as docile with little current.
- Keep to your float plan.
Kayak Kauai observes a firm 24 hour cancellation policy (except a 48 hour cancellation for all Na Pali Coast kayaking tours). Any cancellations within 24 hours (or within 48 hours for all Na Pali Coast kayaking tours) will receive no refund. Cancellations made by Kayak Kauai due to inclement weather conditions are 100% refundable.
Safety is no accident and on every tour we pay special attention to this fact. That said, travel insurance is not a bad idea, especially if a “dark cloud” decides to follow you. Find a company that offers medical, security evacuation and rescue services in the event of a medical or security emergency.