A Hui Hou Wailua River Paddle & Swim
A Safe and Tranquil Taste of the Wailua River
This three-hour guided tour is a wonderful paddling adventure for the whole family, combining idyllic paddling on the Wailua River with a swim at our favorite swimming hole. For the more adventurous you can jump off the cliff and into the calm waters.
Great panoramic scenery with the landscape and natural history genuinely and safely explained by your water borne guide.
The Wailua River became the center of activity for early Hawaiians and is known as one of Hawaii’s two most sacred places.
At night, it is said that one can still hear ancient drums thunder in concert with the nearby surf. This tour is perfect for those who want a “taste” of this wonderful river.
Tour Overview and Highlights
When And Where:
- 2 person minimum opens a tour — reservations recommended in advance
- All Year, except Sundays
- Check In Time: 1:00 p.m. at our Wailua River Marina (on the same southern banks of the Wailua River, where the Smith’s Motor boats launch)
- Departs Shop: 1:15 p.m.
- Return 4:15 p.m.
- This activity is rated “Family Friendly” for individuals, couples and families
- This tour is very relaxing and safe
- Participants should be comfortable in the water
- Perfect adventure for all ages
- About three hours of easy sightseeing and paddling; that said, this tour is doable by most people in average shape
- Guide(s) State certified and trained in water safety
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) i.e. life preservers
- Double sit on top kayaks
- Water resistant bags
- Refreshments of tropical juices and bottled water
- Fresh sliced pineapple and/or local Kauai Kookie
What To Bring:
- Sun protection
- Light shirt
- Bathing suit
- Footwear (flip flops or aqua shoes)
- Towel and change of clothes
Before you sign up, please be aware…
If for any reason the paddle is not accomplished by individuals, note there is no refund.
Kayak Kauai observes a firm 24 hour cancellation policy (except a 48 hour cancellation for all Na Pali Coast kayaking tours). Any cancellations within 24 hours (or within 48 hours for all Na Pali Coast kayaking tours) will receive no refund. Cancellations made by Kayak Kauai due to inclement weather conditions are 100% refundable.
Safety is no accident and on every tour we pay special attention to this fact. That said, travel insurance is not a bad idea, especially if a “dark cloud” decides to follow you. Find a company that offers medical, security evacuation and rescue services in the event of a medical or security emergency.