Hanalei | Blue Lagoon Paddle & Snorkel
Hanalei River & Bay Paddle and Snorkel Exploration
We have time to do it all: from blue water paddling to snorkeling, bird watching , beach combing, perhaps exploring a few tide pools and caves, all during a memorable day that combines 5 hours of intermittent sea and river kayaking with beach and reef time within the enchantment of Hanalei River, Bay, and Estuary.
Check in at our Wailua River Marina Shop. Depart in our air conditioned 14 passenger van with your guide to the beautiful verdant North Shore and Historical Hanalei Pier.
Paddle the calm idyllic and scenic Hanalei Heritage River as your expert guide(s) keep you safe and entertained with local lore, legends and natural history.
Spend time exploring Hanalei Bay and magnificent panoramic views of the Makana Peak (better knows as Bali Hai). View the fluted ridges of Namolokama, Mamalahoa, and Hihimanu peak, which lie like silent sentinels whose waterfalls, drop gourds of water into Wai’oli Valley, which lies behind the town of Hanalei Town.
We often see Green Sea Turtles and Spinner Dolphins accompanied by avian antics of such birds as the Boobie and Layson Albatross. Shore birds and river birds such as the Wandering Tattler, Gallinule and Black Capped Night Heron are seen as well.
Depending on sea conditions and/or group dynamics we can paddle west along the perimeter of the sandy shores of Hanalei Bay and into the lovely waters of Wai’oli stream. Or venture East at the picturesque sandy beach of Hideaways, for great snorkeling or some beach combing.
Watch a Video Preview of the Hanalei Blue Lagoon Paddle & Snorkel Tour
Tour Overview and Highlights
- Family friendly for the bit hardier family, perfect for the adventure paddlers, active couples and other
- Participants should be comfortable in the water, in good overall physical health, up for the workout and not prone to sea-sickness
- This tour is more challenging
When And Where:
- 2 person minimum opens a tour — reservations recommended in advance
- 5 Hour Hanalei River and Bay Exploration
- Every day of the week except Sunday
- Check In Wailua River Marina: 9:00 a.m.
- Shuttle to Hanalei Pier (free shuttle pick up for points North)
- Tour staged in Hanalei River Bay area 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- *Times are variable, i.e., longer or shorter and subject to the vagaries of group and weather dynamics.
- Shuttle back to Wailua River Marina: 4:30 p.m.
- During winter months there are times Hanalei Bay can off limits to paddling due to high surf; during those occasions we explore the upper reaches of the tranquil and panoramic Hanalei River in depth
- Guide(s) CPR & 1st Aid, and Water Safety Certified
- Personal Flotation Devices (life preservers)
- Double kayaks
- Snorkel gear
- Water resistant bags
- Lunch (deli made ham, turkey, roast beef, salami, or vegetarian sandwiches)
- Refreshments of Hawaiian style tropical juices and bottled water
What To Bring:
- Sun protection
- Bathing suit
- Waterproof camera
- Light shirt
- Footwear for the beach (aqua socks)
- Towel and change of clothes
Kayak Kauai observes a firm 24 hour cancellation policy (except a 48 hour cancellation for all Na Pali Coast kayaking tours). Any cancellations within 24 hours (or within 48 hours for all Na Pali Coast kayaking tours) will receive no refund. Cancellations made by Kayak Kauai due to inclement weather conditions are 100% refundable.
Safety is no accident and on every tour we pay special attention to this fact. That said, travel insurance is not a bad idea, especially if a “dark cloud” decides to follow you. Ripcord offers medical, security evacuation and rescue services in the event of a medical or security emergency.