Kapa‘a | Kuilau Ridge Hike
It is a very scenic route that ends at the Moalepe Trail
The trail starts at the end of Kuamo’o Rd (Highway 580) about 100 yards before the Keahua Forestry Arboretum.
From the “get go”, the Kuilau Ridge Trail gives you immediate and dramatic views along the way as you slowly gain elevation.
More or less after an hour, the the trail will bring us to two covered picnic tables overlooking Keahua Stream below and Mount Kawi and Wai’ale’ale all in close proximity.
To the south you can see Kahili Mtn., and the verdant lands spilling over to Knudsen Gap towards Po’ipu. The tips of Mount Hau’pu, towards Lihue can be seen at eye level.
We return by way we came with a refreshing dip in Kehua Stream.
Watch a Video Preview
Tour Overview and Highlights
When And Where:
- All Year — Monday thru Friday
- Check In: 8:00 a.m., at our Wailua River Marina Shop — on the same southern banks of the Wailua River, where the Smith’s motor boats launch
- Moderate to easy
- Trail Time: 3 hours
- Road Time: 30 minutes
- Day packs
- Deli lunch:
- Turkey, roast beef, ham, salami, or vegetarian
- Chips + tropical fruit + cookies
- Refreshments of tropical juices and bottled water
What To Bring:
- Sun protection
- Light shirt
- Sweatshirt or light jacket
- Trail food/snack
- Bathing suit
- Footwear (light hiking boots, sports sandals, or athletic shoes)
- Rain gear
- A camera and binoculars
- Towel and change of clothes
Kayak Kauai observes a firm 24 hour cancellation policy (except a 48 hour cancellation for all Na Pali Coast kayaking tours). Any cancellations within 24 hours (or within 48 hours for all Na Pali Coast kayaking tours) will receive no refund. Cancellations made by Kayak Kauai due to inclement weather conditions are 100% refundable.
Safety is no accident and on every tour we pay special attention to this fact. That said, travel insurance is not a bad idea, especially if a “dark cloud” decides to follow you. Find a company that offers medical, security evacuation and rescue services in the event of a medical or security emergency.